Footings, Foundations and Poured Walls
All footings are a minimum of 8” thick and 16” wide with a 3000 psi test concrete. Two 1/2” diameter rebar are placed continuous in footings. Vertical rebar dowels are placed a maximum of every 72”. All footings are placed with a laser level to insure every foundation
is installed true and level.
Poured Walls & Foundations
Insulated Foundation Specifications:
- The poured foundation wall
- An application of CENTURION™ waterproofing protection to walls
- 2” foam insulation (R-10) attached to outside foundation walls
- Application of CapStone™ Foundation Coating above grade waterproofing protection and aesthetic
Advantages: Insulated foundations are backed by transferable warranty of up to 30 years. They help control mold and meet local building codes. This type of foundation creates a heat sink, and eliminates condensation on concrete walls. No additional insulation required and your exposed foundation will have a finished appearance
Standard Poured Foundations:
- 16” thick footings, xxx lb concrete
- 8” thick walls
- Varying heights from x to xx
Advantages: Poured foundations are stronger and drier than block walls. They are competitively priced and can be done in a day in most cases. This type of foundation will increase your home’s resale value, while at the same time, offer greater design flexibility. Should a crack or leak occur, it can be repaired easily by injecting it with epoxy; repairing block walls is more difficult and could involve excavation and destruction of landscaping.
Insulated Concrete Forms Specifications:
- A-One Form™ Super Insulated Concrete Building Systems
- 8” Flat Wall, 48” length x 16” height x 13” width
This economical alternate wall system reduces labor, installation time and total system costs and has great energy cost savings. Heating/cooling system size can be reduced as much as 50%. This is also a safe foundation system. Walls madse of insulated concrete do not support combustion, and can withstand sustained winds greater than 160 m.p.h., making it tornado and hurricane resistant.